


As many of you know, on Sunday October 3rd almost 50 of our closest friends and family took to the streets of Burlington as part of TEAM SARAH in this years CIBC Run For the Cure. My sister Steph surprised us by putting this team together...as I said on my fundraising page, to have a team in my honour was bitter sweet.
Bitter because I am 36 years old and I have breast cancer. Bitter because I lost my mom to breast cancer when I was 19 years old and bitter because I also lost a close childhood friend Jane in December 2008 who died from complications from her treatment for breast cancer - she was 36.
So...to say that breast cancer makes me bitter is a bit of an understatement.
The Sweet part is (as I have said numerous times before) that we have the most amazing group of people fighting this fight along with us and that makes it so much easier to face each day head on.
I am so proud to say that TEAM SARAH raised over $12,000 in just under a month and we were among the Top 10 fundraising teams for the run site which is incredible and completely overwhelming.
Thank you so much to everyone who was there on the day and to all of you who generously sponsored our team.
On behalf of myself and everyone else out there who has been affected by or may be affected by breast cancer I want to offer the most sincere and genuine thank you....your support really does make a difference.
I also want to say a special thanks to my sisters and everyone who helped organize the team. This would not have been an easy task on a good day but then throw in the rain, wind, cold and several cranky children and all I can say is AMAZING!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment