
Just a quick note to say that Tim and I were back in Hamilton yesterday to follow-up with my surgical oncologist and to get the pathology results from my double mastectomy. I am super ecstatic to report that they found nothing in my right breast (there was some speculation about this after my MRI was reviewed by another radiologist in Toronto). An additional 1.5cm of low-grade DCIS (the non-invasive one)was found in my left breast which wasn't a huge surprise. The surgeon was not worried about this at all and said it was likely an incidental finding (insert: deep sigh of relief). I had gone into the meeting bracing myself for the worst (which would have been more invasive cancer and the possibility of needing more surgery) so Tim and I were practically jumping up and down with excitement after the surgeon gave us the results.
We've had one heck of a week so it was about time our luck changed. Apart from all of the shinanigans going on with me, Tim got strep throat on his birthday, Jools got sprayed by a skunk at 11pm that night and then on Monday we had a bit of a collision with a deer on the way home from The Madge. Pretty awful.
So...we are going to have a low-key weekend enjoying the cooler fall temperatures before I head back to meet with my medical oncologist on Tuesday. The purpose of this visit is to discuss chemo vs. no chemo. Again, this discussion is all as a result of my oncotype dx score. This is a huge decision as there are some pretty hefty pros and cons to each option. An oncologist in Toronto says no, Hamilton say it is an option and an oncologist in the States says absolutely yes....jeepers....do I sure miss the days where my biggest decision to make was deciding what to wear in the morning.
YAY SARAH!!! Just caught up and have been thinking about you and Tim and Luke!! Am THRILLED all is well!!! love an hugs, Tammy and Jeanine
ReplyDeleteUmmm....except for the deer....and the strep throat...
ReplyDelete