Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Chemo is: Finished...finis...finito...fertig...terminado!!!


Firstly, apologies for being a delinquent blogger as of late.

I think it is fair to say that I have let myself slip into a bit of a 'chemo funk' over the past few weeks. I wouldn't go so far as to say that it has been a full-on pity party around here but there are days it has been close!

Not always having had the energy to look after Luke the way that I would like has probably been one of the most soul-destroying aspects of chemo for me. In 10 weeks, Luke is now able to recognize (and ask for!)Dora, Thomas the Tank Engine and virtually every Sesame Street character. Good or bad? I've decided that I have more important things to worry about at the moment and am just accepting this for what it is!

So...I officially finished chemo on December 9th. To say that this has been a little anti-climactic is an understatement. It will be another few days until the really crummy feeling has passed, likely weeks until my energy is back to normal and sadly months until I possess anything that remotely resembles a head of hair!

We are however, all really looking forward to the holidays and I personally take great pleasure in knowing that this next phase of my 'journey' is almost behind us.

It hasn't stopped snowing in over a week and I am more than ready to dig out my skis, board and snowshoes for some much deserved playtime!
May the white stuff continue to fall :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yippeee!!! Congratulations Sarah... its been a crazy journey.... 2011 is going to be an excellent year... I know it!!

    Happy Holidays & I hope to see you soon
    Kellyxo

    ReplyDelete