First trip to The Juravanski Cancer Centre.
A long wait to see the Surgeon...a wait that felt like a lifetime. The hardest part until this point has been not having any information and having absolutely NO idea what we are dealing with.
The surgeon was lovely. Very confident and competent and also very reassuring.
I received my 'cancer bag'...it appears that all 'new' cancer patients receive a blue and grey cloth bag filled with reading materials and other resources. It was appreciated, but also an identifier of sorts that put me in to a new 'club'. A 'club' that I really didn't want to be a part of.
Anyways - after an axillary ultrasound, a bit of a chat with the surgeon and radiologist we established a plan (I need to have a sentinnel node biopsy and a lumpectomy) and then me and my cancer bag were on our way.
No comments:
Post a Comment